Monday, October 25, 2010

In the Beginning

I have loved baking for as long as I can remember. At age 6, I told my mom that I wanted an Easy Bake Oven; and instead of getting one on Christmas morning, she taught me how to use her KitchenAid mixer (the beginning of a long love affair between the two of us) and the real oven. And I've never looked back.

By the time I was eight, I had memorized the Nestle Tollhouse recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and I would routinely make them, much to the chagrin of my mother. By 10, I was trying out different dessert recipes, and by 12 I had made my first apple pie from scratch, including the crust. Nowadays, I have my own KitchenAid (grey, a Christmas present from my mom last year), and at 22, I am discovering a whole new side of food and love of it.

This will be a blog of my most favorite recipes; my many attempts at different methods, and the failures that happen to accompany them (redirection, not failures!). Pictures will accompany, because I hate recipes that don't have pictures and therefore almost never make those.

Read, enjoy, and I hope that you discover new tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment